S3503 Series Signal/Spectrum Analyzer
Saluki S3503 series signal / spectrum analyzer has good expansion capacity, and can improve the features by means of flexible configuration options and also can construct testing system or redevelop by means of the output interface of all digital and analogue signals. The analyzer is applicable for signal and equipment test of fields including aviation, aerospace, radar detection, communications, electromagnetic countermeasure, and navigation.
- Wide frequency range from 3Hz to max. 67GHz
- Optional extenders extends frequency up to 750GHz
- Four analysis bandwidth configuration, maximum analysis bandwidth up to 550MHz
- Comprehensive spectrum analysis capability, frequency and FFT sweep supported
- Powerful transient analysis and signal playback analysis, frequency-domain and time-domain correlation measurement
- 10.1 inch high resolution LCD screen, one-button measurement, flexible analog and digital signal output interfaces
- Excellent measurement & receiving performance, widely used for comprehensive assessment for the performance of electronic system, and measurement and diagnosis of transmitter and receive
Comprehensive Spectrum Analysis Capability
S3503 series signal/spectrum analyzer offer abundant spectrum analysis functions.
• Support frequency sweep and FFT sweep
• Zero span fast sweep, the fastest sweep time is 1μs
• Accurate frequency counting, counting resolution achieves 0.001Hz
• Sweep points number can be arbitrarily selected among 101- 30001
• 6 wave-detection modes, 3 average types
• Support time gate measurement
• Test functions of occupied bandwidth, channel power, adjacent channel power test
• Test functions of power statistics, burst power, harmonic distortion, TOI, spurious emission etc.
• Can be configured with 6 traces, have abundant marker operation functions
Excellent Test & Receiving Performance
• Wideband preamplifiers (up to 50 GHz) can be configured for the host frequency band.
• 1GHz measurement sensitivity is -156dBm/Hz, and the typical value is -167dBm/Hz with preamplifier
• 50GHz measurement sensitivity is -141dBm/Hz, and the typical value is -150dBm/Hz with preamplifier
• 67GHz measurement sensitivity is -135dBm/Hz
• Full digital IF design, excellent scale fidelity and IF error
Vector Signal Analysis
Providing flexible demodulation functions of multiple single-carrier digital modulation signals. It can provide vector charts, constellation diagrams, eye diagrams, spectrum diagrams, etc., to analyze the characteristics of the modulation signal.
With comprehensive time domain, frequency domain, modulation domain signal analysis and viewing function, it supports more than 20 modulation system demodulation analysis.
Transient Analysis and Signal Playback Analysis
• Frequency-domain and time-domain correlation test is helpful for understanding and deeply analyzing transient signal events.
• Waterfall diagram display, analyzing the macroscopic law of analysis signal spectrum changing over time.
• Simultaneously analyze the changes of analysis signal frequency, amplitude, and phase over time.
• Support 500M samples (64bits) seamless capture data storage.
• Support multiple storage formats of signal files: CSV, DAT etc.
Realtime Spectrum Analysis
S3503 series spectrum analyzer can achieve seamless Real-time Spectrum Analysis, and frequency template trigger function, which can be used to trigger, capture, and analyze complex signals.
• Optional 40MHz/200MHz real-time analysis bandwidth, frequency up to 67GHz
• Digital phosphor spectrum, seamless waterfall, instantaneous spectrum, power vs. time, frequency vs. time and other charts
• 100% POI, Min. duration of the signal: 4.3μs
Pulse Signal Analysis
• Pulse signal spectrum and time domain characteristic measurement supports more than 20 kinds of pulse parameters measurement (including time, amplitude, frequency and phase).
• Can perform detailed analysis of amplitude, intrapulse frequency/phase characteristics, and spectral characteristics of arbitrary pulse
• Pulse trend statistics for arbitrary pulse parameters
Phase Noise Measurement, Audio Analysis, Analog Demodulation Analysis
• The Phase Noise measurement relies on the excellent phase noise of the signal analyzer and provides one-button automatic measurement to meet the daily signal source phase noise measurement applications.
• Independently optimized audio measurement channel for low frequency signal parameter measurement and analysis.
• Analog Demodulation Analyzer is used to simulate terminal, radio, and general analog modulation source measurement. Demodulate the AM/FM/ΦM signal and measure parameters such as modulation index, modulation distortion, residual FM, and FM linearity and so on.
S3503A: 3Hz – 4GHz,
S3503B: 3 Hz to 9 GHz,
S3503C: 3 Hz to 13.2 GHz,
S3503D: 3 Hz to 18 GHz,
S3503E: 3 Hz to 26.5 GHz,
S3503F: 3 Hz to 40 GHz,
S3503G: 3 Hz to 45 GHz,
S3503H: 3 Hz to 50 GHz,
S3503L: 3 Hz to 67 GHz
10MHz Precise Frequency Reference
• Frequency accuracy: ± (last calibration date × aging rate + temperature stability + calibration accuracy)
• Aging rate: ± 1×10-7/year
• Temperature stability: ± 1.5×10-8 (20°C ~ 30°C) ± 5×10-8 (0°C – 55°C) (±1.5×10-8)
• Calibration accuracy: ± 4×10-8
• Range: 0Hz (zero span), 10Hz – the highest frequency of the model
• Accuracy: ± (0.1%× span＋span/ (sweep points number-1))
Sweep Time Range
• Span≥10Hz: 1ms – 6000s
• Span=0Hz: 1us – 6000s
1Hz-3MHz (step by 1, 2 ,3 ,5) / 4 MHz / 5 MHz / 6 MHz / 8 MHz / 10MHz / 20MHz
1Hz-3MHz (step by 1, 2 ,3 ,5) / 4 MHz / 5 MHz / 6 MHz / 8 MHz / 10MHz / 20MHz
Signal Analysis Bandwidth
• 10 Hz – 10 MHz (Standard)
• 40 MHz (Optional)
• 200 MHz (Optional)
• 550 MHz (Optional)
SSB Phase Noise (Carrier 1GHz, 20℃ -30℃)
• -96 dBc/Hz @ 100Hz offset
• -115 dBc/Hz @ 1kHz offset
• -125 dBc/Hz @ 10kHz offset
• -125 dBc/Hz @ 100kHz offset
• -105 dBc/Hz @ 100Hz offset
• -118 dBc/Hz @ 1kHz offset
• -129 dBc/Hz @ 10kHz offset
• -129 dBc/Hz @ 100kHz offset
Free, Line, Video, External level (front panel), External level (back panel), Burst RF, Timer
Normal, positive peak, negative peak, sample,video average, power average, voltage average
1dB Gain Compression
• 20MHz – 40MHz: -3dBm
• 40MHz – 200MHz: +1dBm
• 200MHz – 4GHz: +3dBm
• 4GHz – 9GHz: -1dBm
• 9GHz – 50GHz: +1dBm
• 50GHz – 67GHz: -1dBm
• 200kHz – 9GHz: -100dBm
• All frequency: -100dBm (rated value)
S3503A/B/C/D: N (female), impedance: 50Ω
S3503E: 3.5mm (male), impedance: 50Ω
S3503F/G/H: 2.4mm (male), impedance: 50Ω
S3503L: 1.85mm (male), impedance: 50Ω
AC 100 – 240V: 50 – 60Hz
Excluding the handle, brackets: 426 (W) × 177 (H) × 460 (D) mm
Including the handle, brackets: 510 (W) × 190 (H) × 534 (D) mm
About 25kg (different configuration cause different weight)
(Note: see more detail information in the ‘Resource’ – ‘Datasheet’)
Module No. Item Description S3503A Signal/ Spectrum Analyzer 3 Hz to 4 GHz S3503B Signal/ Spectrum Analyzer 3 Hz to 9 GHz S3503C Signal/ Spectrum Analyzer 3 Hz to 13.2 GHz S3503D Signal/ Spectrum Analyzer 3 Hz to 18 GHz S3503E Signal/ Spectrum Analyzer 3 Hz to 26.5 GHz S3503F Signal/ Spectrum Analyzer 3 Hz to 40 GHz S3503G Signal/ Spectrum Analyzer 3 Hz to 45 GHz S3503H Signal/ Spectrum Analyzer 3 Hz to 50 GHz S3503L Signal/ Spectrum Analyzer 3 Hz to 67 GHz
Module No. Item Description S3503-H01 Rear Panel RF Input Postposition of RF signal input interface1 S3503-H02 High IF Output Output the second IF signal, the output frequency range 275MHz - 475MHz, step resolution 1Hz. S3503-H03 IF Output Output the third IF signal, the output frequency rang 10MHz - 160MHz, step resolution 1Hz. S3503-H04A Reconstructed IF/ Video Signal Output To achieve signal output of any IF, AM / FM or I / Q by means of digital reconstruction, with the bandwidth upper limit 40MHz. (Note: H04A&H04B are available for options) S3503-H04B Wide Band Reconstruct IF/ Video Signal Output To achieve signal output of any IF, AM / FM or I / Q by means of digital reconstruction, with the bandwidth ranging from 50MHz to 100MHz. (Note: H04B is only available when H38B 200MHz broadband option is selected; H04A & H04B are available for options.) S3503-H08 Wide Log Detect Output Output logarithmic detector signal that presents the level characteristics of input signal. S3503-H12A 40MHz Bandwidth Digital Interface To output real-time signal acquisition data through optical fiber and support signal data output with maximum 40MHz bandwidth. (Note: H12A is forbidden to choose when H38B is selected; H12B is forbidden to choose when this option is selected, H39 is not available) S3503-H12B 200MHz Bandwidth Digital Interface To output instantaneous broadband data by means of optical fiber, support maximum 200MHz bandwidth signal data output. (Note: H12B is only available for selection when H38B 200MHz broadband option is selected; H12A and H39 are not available for selection when this option is selected.) S3503-H12C 550MHz Bandwidth Digital Interface To output instantaneous broadband data by means of optical fiber, support maximum 550MHz bandwidth signal data output. (Notes: H12C can only be selected when option H38C with 550MHz broadband is selected;once this option is selected, H12A,H12B and H39 cannot be selected) S3503-H15 +24V DC Power Supply Use +24V DC Power Supply S3503-H22A SAV4711 Data Recorder Equipping SDD data recorder that has the same interface characteristics to achieve the instantaneous large-number record of signal data. (Note: H22A can only be selected after H12A or H12B digital interface is selected, the capacity selection of the recorded is shown in SAV4711 Recorder files) S3503-H22B SAV4712 Data Recorder Equipping HDD data recorder that has the same interfa ce characteristics to achieve the instantaneous large-nu mber record of signal data. (Note: H22A can only be s elected after H12A or H12B digital interface is selected, the capacity selection of the recorded is shown in SAV 4712 Recorder files) S3503-H33 Electronic Attenuator Frequency Range 3Hz - 4GHz, attenuation range 0-30dB,1dB stepping. S3503-H34-04 Low-Noise Preamplifier Either Low-band preamplifier or full-band amplifier is available for option. Under the circumstance when full-band preamplifier is chosen, and noise optimization path of 4GHz or above frequency is provided.(Note: Low-wave preamplifier number is H34-04, full-band preamplifier is selected according to the frequency limit of the selected signal analyzer. eg,S3503E frequency range up to26.5GHz should choose S3603-H34-26. S3503-H34-09 Low-Noise Preamplifier Same as mentioned above S3503-H34-13 Low-Noise Preamplifier Same as mentioned above S3503-H34-18 Low-Noise Preamplifier Same as mentioned above S3503-H34-26 Low-Noise Preamplifier Same as mentioned above S3503-H34-40 Low-Noise Preamplifier Same as mentioned above S3503-H34-45 Low-Noise Preamplifier Same as mentioned above S3503-H34-50 Low-Noise Preamplifier Same as mentioned above S3503-H36 Pre-selector Bypass The tracking pre-selector in the bypass receiving channel. (Note: option H36 is needed together with H38A,H38B and H38C to provide the best wideband signal receiving characteristics) S3503-H38A 40MHz Analysis Bandwidth Support 10Hz-40MHz Analysis Bandwidth (Note: option H38B and option H36 should be selected together to provide the best wideband signal receiving characteristics, H38B and H38A are no need to be selected at the same time) S3503-H38B 200MHz Analysis Bandwidth Support 10Hz-200MHz analysis bandwidth (Note: option H38B and option H36 should be selected together to provide the best wideband signal receiving characteristics, H38A, H38B and H38C can not be selected at the same time) S3503-H38C 550MHz Analysis Bandwidth Support 10Hz-550MHz analysis bandwidth (Note: option H38C and option H36 should be selected together to provide the best wideband signal receiving characteristics, H38B and H38C are no need to be selected at the same time) S3503-H39 Audio Analysis Fulfill audio signal parameter test, distortion test and waveform analysis. (Note: H12A& H12B are unavailable when this option is selected) S3503-H40 External Mixer Provide external mixing methods to extend range measurement capability. This option provides local oscillator input, IF input function and signal-recognition function. (only available for S3503A, Extended frequency depends on the selected extending module, extending module is optional part) S3503-H41 Realtime Analysis Provide digital phosphor spectrum and seamless waterfall, including frequency template trigger, which can support real-time spectrum analysis of 200MHz bandwidth. (Note:The maximum real-time analysis bandwidth is determined by the bandwidth options of the instrument configuration, H38A and H38B.) S3503-H48 Noise Figure Measurement Noise source drive and noise figure measurement function (S3503L exception) S3503-H97 Mounting Suit Handles and accessories for S3503 mounting on standard racks. S3503-H99 Aluminum Alloy Aviation Case For safety transport.
Module No. Item Description S3503-S01 Absolute Power Measurement High-precision measurement of RF signal power by connecting an external USB power probe. S3503-S04 Phase Noise Measurement Provide unilateral band phase noise curve and one-point band phase noise testing capability. S3503-S09 Analogous Demodulation Analyzer Fulfill modulation and distortion characteristics analysis of AM, FM, PM signals. S3503-S10 Transient Analyzer Fulfill the testing analysis of signals’ instantaneous parameter spectrum, spectrum range and all sorts of modulation features; support the playback of recorded data. S3503-S12 Vector Signal Analyzer Provides flexible demodulation functions of multiple single-carrier digital modulation signals. It can provide vector charts, constellation diagrams, eye diagrams, spectrum diagrams, etc., to analyze the characteristics of the modulation signal. The modulation error of the signal can be obtained by demodulation, which helps to judge the cause of the signal error. S3503-S13 Pulse Signal Analyzer Automatically measure time, electrical level and modulation parameters of pulse wave and statistical analysis of pulse sequence. S3503-S40 WLAN 802.11a/b/g Measurement Broadband wireless LAN protocol physical layer test (802.11a/b/g), covering radio frequency, modulation analysis, and modulation quality testing. S3503-S40N WLAN 802.11n Measurement Broadband wireless LAN protocol physical layer test (802.11n), covering radio frequency, modulation analysis, and modulation quality testing. S3503-S40AC WLAN 802.11ac Measurement Broadband wireless LAN protocol physical layer test (802.11ac), covering radio frequency, modulation analysis, and modulation quality testing. S3503-S40AX WLAN 802.11ax Measurement Broadband wireless LAN protocol physical layer test (802.11ax), covering radio frequency, modulation analysis, and modulation quality testing. S3503-S51 DTMB Signal Test Provide one-button power and modulation analysis functions that comply with the DTMB standard.